2.16.2009

UP. date.

I started a countdown of wedding days about a month and a half ago. I used to use a timeline of months which allowed me to believe we still had LOTS of time to decide on things. But once you start using days, it really puts things into perspective. For instance, observe the following:

"We are getting married in about four months."
this message = plenty of time.

"We are getting married in 110 days."
this message = a lot less time.

Do you see the difference?
(reality check: we are getting married in 110 days; not just a random number)


I think it's kind of humorous. It's not the fact that I am panicked about the time frame by any means; it just means we have to start making final decisions and I don't feel I have shopped around enough to do that! In fact, my Mom who is so great at keeping me on task, finally looked at me last weekend and said, "you really do need to make up your mind..." Isn't it funny how your Mom is almost always right??

Well, in any case. Here is a little update. I got the ring situation figured out and Dave's ring is currently on layaway. Hip-hip...Hooray! It's classy yet simple and I know it is going to fit his personality perfectly. I think that is why I had a difficult time finding the right ring for him. I wanted this to not only be a symbol of my neverending, head-over-heels love for him but also who he is as a person. You'll have to tell me how I did once you see the ring. Of course I can't post that here...that would make it too easy.

Also, I stumbled upon this cute little blog site tonight as I was searching (yes, again) for shoes. Not a hard search, just browsing to see if I've missed anything in my past 83 searches (did you know Cole Haan has designed shoes with the Nike Air technology? I was totally intrigued until I saw the $400 price tag. I still want to try those things on...). I came upon this and created my own little kissing tree. Isn't it cute??!


(It says "sheena hearts dave" in the heart on the tree)

I'm kind of sleepy...so I guess I need to break the update into two different parts. That's okay though, I will fill you in on more details tomorrow.

1 comments:

Missy said...

what's the name of the cute little blog site?