2.05.2009

long time coming.

Dave's birthday is right around the corner...literally. And since we are saving every last penny that we possibly can, I can't afford to get him what I really want to. At least not this year. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that the opportunity will arise again...I mean, this idea is so good that if there were even a slight chance (which I know there isn't), of him falling out of love with me, this would seal the deal for GOOD! I know, I know...you are all CRAZY with anticipation about this "perfect" gift but guess what? I can't tell you.

Let's keep going, shall we? Okay then. I have been perusing various jewelry stores trying to find a ring that "fits" Dave. No, not his finger. His personality! And I found the perfect one at the same store he bought my ring at...but there is a problem. Both of the sales guys I was working with over the past couple months suddenly don't work there anymore. Color me bewildered. And I have to be honest...I don't care for any of the other people there except the owner. Dilemma.
So while I figure this out, I decided I absolutely had to devote a blog to ugly rings I have seen. I am warning you now, if you own a ring, have bought a ring, or know someone who wears a ring like the ones I am about to post...well, I would apologize but I can't because it is merely my taste doing the typing. Consider yourself warned and hopefully entertained!



Okay, so you are marrying a man. Congratulations, me too! But is it really necessary to purchase a ring that looks like a bunch of bolts glued together? I know there is something to be said about being "manly" but this might take it a bit too far. Ick. *


Hi, my name is gaudy and we've never met. $2,000 for this? It's a combination of "I always wanted a class ring" and "I believe the bigger the ring, the more money it appears I have." *




This ring speaks a lot of words. Wow. I guess if you'd rather say "you are an emperor, rule over all the land!" than "I am so madly in love with you and this is a symbol of that love," this is definitely the ring for you! *

One more thing before I end this...you may be wondering what Dave's birthday has to do with all the "bashing of the rings." Well...it just so happens that he may be getting a wedding band for his birthday! Talk about original, eh?

* Disclaimer: none of these rings have been, nor will they ever be purchased in my lifetime.

3 comments:

Jane Marie said...

L-O-V-E the rings! ;-) Ha

MrsDan said...

I'm going to laugh one day 50 years from now, when you decide Dave needs a new symbol of your love and choose that second one for him.

djrogness said...

Oh, funny... I just updated by background for a little Spring feel - was browsing some other ones, catching up on the latest updates - thought I'd check yours and laughed so hard when I saw we had picked the same background!