2.18.2009

today.

Today, February 19th, is my big brother Jeremy's birthday!

(Jer at the top of the Canyon...before we started hiking)

It's so hard for me to think about how long it's been since I last saw his face or the last time I heard his laugh. It's those little things that I miss the most. Although Chile doesn't seem that far away, the distance has made a tremendous impact.


(Jer, Mom and I sitting down for a short break; well-deserved AND needed!)

I was just remembering back to one of our last "family vacations" we took together. Mom and I flew out to Arizona to help him finish up on the house he had moved into in Tucson. To this day, I can't help but wonder how one person could be so intelligent and talented but seeing the work he did on this house would have made anyone inspired. During that time, we went to visit the Grand Canyon and it was one of the most magnificent things I have ever seen. We hiked down into the canyon on a rustic trail we thought would be a good idea. On that very day (due to my own lack of physical fitness), I truly believed I was going to get stuck in the Canyon; and by stuck I mean unable to physically push myself past my limits to climb out.

Scary? Yes.
Surreal? Yes.
Weak? Oh my YES!!
But we made it!

(Jer in the Canyon; as usual, no fear whatsoever)

(Getting a better glimpse from the edge)


Anyway, I stumbled on a few of the pictures we had taken while we were there and wanted to share some of my brother on his special day! I wish you all the happiness one day can possibly bring to one person and wish I could spend this day with you.
Happy Birthday Big Brother!

(I know you have to look close, but that "speck" on the protruding white rock is actully my brother; he climbed over an outlook at the top of the Canyon and I think many of the tourists thought he was going to jump off the rock into the plummeting Canyon as he was hurling himself down there. Entertaining and yet scary. Again, no fear!)

1 comments:

Missy said...

Ok. I have known you for two years now and I NEVER knew you had a sibling!!!!