11.14.2010

hope.

Here in our home, we are slowly working ourselves toward financial stability. It has been an ongoing process, and likely will be that way for most of our lives, but I feel just a little lighter in my heart knowing we are making headway. I've made mistakes, and continue to do so with spending money, I think we all do no matter how disciplined we are, but I cannot express enough gratitude to my Mom for teaching me the things she did [and continues to teach me to this day]. She is hands down, the most inspirational person I have met in my life.

Now I entitled this blog entry hope because once we do reach that point financially, I am hoping to be able to give back. Give back to my Mom, give back to those in need, give back to the issues which weigh heavily on my heart. I have learned through my own life that very little bit makes a difference...and I want others to see and know that too. This has become another financial goal on my list.

One of the issues that continue to plague my heart and soul is what is happening over in Taiji, Japan and the work being done by the Save Japan Dolphins organization. If you are reading this and don't know much [or anything] about the brutal slaughter occurring over there, I encourage you to watch the video in the right column at the top of this blog, visit the website listed above or go out and rent [or Netflix!] The Cove and see for yourself why this continues to haunt me.

Part of the things that can help the Save Japan Dolphins organization is the purchase of their merchandise, which you can imagine, have been at the top of my "want" list for quite some time. But because the needs far outweigh the wants, always, these things have moved far down the list and have nearly fallen off completely. I want to show you just a few of the items that are on my list; not only because they help raise awareness of the issue and are great conversation starter pieces, but because a portion of the funds from all merchandise sold goes directly to the cause. And that is why I am trying to move these items up my list.



Who doesn't love a comfy hoodie for a good cause? I know I do!


A conversation piece and a statement. If you click
the photo, you can see my favorite part of this tshirt on the back.
Adore. It.

0 comments: