10.26.2010

a perfect day to post.

It seems dear Mother Nature has issued us a bit of a wake-up call today so since we are bundled up inside our apartment [still putting off turning on the heat] it's a perfect time to get this baby updated. Instead of offering a futile attempt at an explanation as to why I haven't posted, I decided that I'm just going to jump right back in with what's been going on with us over the last several months. Enjoy the photos and a bit of a rewind...

In June, D and I celebrated our one year anniversary! It's hard to believe how quickly the past year [and then some] has gone by, but we were able to take a weekend getaway to Bemidji. The hotel was fantastic [RIGHT on the lake] and we spent our time enjoying canoeing, hiking/trail walking, sight-seeing, soaking in the indoor/outdoor hot tub and eating some yummy food! It was only a few hours away but it was a really special weekend basking in our growing love!

The view from our room.

The trail we explored.

We thoroughly enjoyed the statues before heading back to Mayville [and before the rain hit!]


D + Chief Bemidji

A trip to Bemidji wouldn't be complete without Paul and Babe. Fun!

My "little" cousin marked a big milestone in her life: high school graduation! I made the trip down to Big Lake, slowly crawling through 5mph traffic, hail and torrential rains, but eventually got there in one piece. It was a fun day with family, but boy was it sticky and hot!

The graduate

Releasing balloons for the grad's future

I let loose the final three.

My good friend J got married at the end of July and I was lucky enough to share in the special day. Unfortunately, I had to miss out on good friends J+S who got married that same day, so Dave and I split up and I headed south and he went a little north so at least half of our duo could be present at both special events!

M + S + L

J and S

D's basketball season got going last weekend with the first home opener. There was lots of excitement, anticipation and perhaps a little bit of nervousness, but even though they ended up in a 91-93 loss, it's exciting to see the talent and potential on this year's team! I'm so proud of my hubby; it's truly where he belongs and hopefully that is evident in the next few photos [try to ignore the lack of skill from the photographer!],



0 comments: