10.27.2010

right up my alley.

I have several blogs that I check periodically...multiple times a day. Mostly I am looking for updates on free samples, coupons or one-heck-of-a-deal, but the other day, to my surprise, I came across a post for a DIY autumn wreath.

Now a few weekends ago, my good friend A [and former boss while I was working at The Forum] gave D and I our wedding gift. A is an Uppercase Living representative and has been struggling to find a frame to fit our names but finally found the perfect one and gave it to us. We absolutely LOVE it! So much in fact, that I changed where I had originally thought I wanted to hang it and decided rather to make it a focal point in our "entryway" right when you come into the apartment.

Well, after looking at it, I realized that what I currently had hanging on the wall wasn't going to work at all. So I took an old cupboard door that I bought at Habitat for Humanity Restore [in Moorhead] about two years ago, and decided to make a chalkboard to hang underneath it. I completed that little project and found myself with another empty space on the wall. And that's when I remembered the blog post I had read...and I knew right away it would be the perfect piece to my entryway puzzle.

The end result? An arrangement I am not only in love with, but also rather proud of how well it turned out. Not to mention, it cost me next to nothing to put together. The picture is a little fuzzy but you get the general idea!


If you are interested in creating your own wreath, check out the original post with step by step directions at Centsible Savings. I made mine pretty "fluffy" but you can do it any way want - so fun and easy!

0 comments: