10.28.2010

oh, charlie brown!

If there's one thing you should know about me by now, it's that I not only adore Fall but also, everything about Halloween. This has taken some getting used to for D so I have been "breaking him in" with baby steps. I've kept the decorations to a minimum...at least for now! Yes, this means there are no spider webs at a five foot level...much to my Mama and old college roommate J's dismay, I am sure!

I just love the crunch of leaves, carving pumpkins, eating apples and going to the orchard, brainstorming for costume ideas, decorating and most of all, listening to little footsteps outside turn into whispers just before that knock on the door and a sweet little "trick-or-treat" spurts out of their candy-eager mouths...seriously...what's not to ADORE?

In addition to this, I am an avid Charlie Brown and Peanuts fan. One of the things I look forward to most are holiday specials around Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas when one special television station decides to make my day and air my lovable, irresistible Charlie!


Well folks, that just so happens to be tonight! A big THANKS to my Mom who told me about this but at 7pm ABC will be airing none other than It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! I am so excited I can hardly stand it.

Since D will be heading to Valley City to scout Viterbo University, whom they play at 12:00pm on Saturday, I will be snuggling up with some warm apple cider and some fresh seasoned pretzels [thanks for the recipe, L!] and indulging in a classic favorite. Perfection!

0 comments: