12.02.2008

wish.



I've been doing it since I was a child. I'm sure you have too. An eyelash on my fingertip. A shooting star in the sky. The candles on my birthday cake. A four leaf clover that I diligently spent hours lying in the grass trying to find just so I could make a wish. And of course, the very special time of 11:11. Somewhere along the way, "wish" turned into much more than just a word. More than a want. It became much more than that. It turned into hope.




Recently, I stumbled upon a book called The Wish Trees. As a child who found herself wishing more often than not, it struck a special chord inside me. The book is based upon the idea that every child can help to make the world a better place. Each page brings a child planting a new tree and making a wish as they plant that tree. Along the way, they discover the wonder of trees and learn that a wish is really more than just a want, but truly stands for hope.


That being said, Dave and I have set to work on a special "wish project" for the wedding. It's been in the works for a few weeks and we are close to putting the finishing touches on it and calling it good (I love being able to cross things off the list!). I have a small preview below but I refuse to give away all the details here. You'll just have to come see it in person. At least I can hope.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooohhh..those are cute Sheens, can't wait to know the details of what they're for! :)

djrogness said...

SO cute - LOVE that David is helping with the projects - can't wait to see them!