12.10.2008

in the air.

I started to mentally compile a list of the little things I think I am going to want and/or need come wedding time. Since I want to spread out costs as much as possible so we aren't bombarded at the end, I wanted to at least start thinking about these things and write down a concrete list within the next week or so.


With many retailers fighting a sluggish economy, discounts are around every corner. Including the fragrance counter. Which leads me to the thing that has been most on my mind. Renee (my beloved Matron of Honor) was actually the first bride to bring this tradition to my attention. Because our wedding day is going to be one of the most magical days in my life, I want to remember everything about it. That's why wearing a special fragrance on that day that you've never wore before is such a unique idea. The first time you wear the fragrance is the day of the wedding...after that point, you can wear the perfume for special occasions, other weddings you attend or on any random day. Every time you spray that perfume, all the memories of that day will wash over you and take you back to that magical place.


I've been "sniffing" around the fragrance counter and haven't found anything that has truly stood out to me thus far. I have done a little research and although I haven't actually smelled this scent yet, I am mighty curious to try it out. It's called Sheer Veil by Vera Wang (see photo below). Other than this scent, I'm not sure where to look or what to look for. I would love some suggestions on places to check out or fragrances that might of interest. I'm ready to "sniff" out any leads!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember Laura's perfume being special that day because it was her "something blue". I can't remember the name of it though!

MrsDan said...

What?! You mean you won't be wearing the good ol' cotton candy spray? :)

Annie said...

Sheena - I wear that Vera Wang perfume daily and I love it!