1.14.2009

sugar.

It's been too long since my last post; no excuses but it truly has been crazy busy with the holidays among other things. I'm sure none of you missed me too much, but for those of you that actually do read this, I apologize!

This past weekend, as I sat in front of Dave's television (which remarkably gets cable channels unlike my own) I stumbled upon the most remarkable show. It's called Amazing Wedding Cakes on the WE channel. It follows three different high-end cake designers in Los Angeles, Chicago and New York as they work with clients and develop the most amazing wedding cakes (funny...how ever did they come up with the name for the show??)

After watching four hours of this show (in a row), I came to the following conclusions:

1. It is a blessing that I do not have cable. Yes, a blessing. There are a plethora of wedding shows on television. Seriously. If I had access to those shows in addition to the endless sources on the internet, I think my head would explode.

2. I had no idea just how complicated and intriguing baking wedding cakes truly was. Wow. That is all I can say.

3. There are a lot of shows about weddings on television. Yes, the word plethora is used again. And for good reason.


The Cake Girls out of Chicago are by far my favorite artists to watch (the images above are also some classic examples of their work). From concept to sketch to finish, it is incredibly difficult to take your eyes off of their every move (you can even ask Dave, he watched two hours with me and actually enjoyed it!). Check out their website here. I dare you to not be impressed.

1 comments:

djrogness said...

You are too funny! (I love that Dave got sucked in as well!) These cakes are truly amazing! Isn't it incredible... all the choices, the possibilities, the ideas... I cannot wait to see what you pick out for your wedding, it is going to be beautiful!